About Measure K
Vote YES on Measure K to provide locally-controlled funding that can’t be taken away by the State, and to protect our Belmont and Redwood Shores elementary and middle schools from cuts to core academic programs.
Thanks to our supportive communities, award-winning academics and high-quality teachers, Belmont-Redwood Shores School District provides an excellent education to local students.
However, while student enrollment has increased by 66% over nine years, local revenue has not kept up. In fact, the State has cut $5 million from our schools in the last three years.
As the lowest state-funded school district in San Mateo County, we need a dedicated source of local funding to protect our students and help close this growing funding gap.
Measure K provides $1.4 million annually to maintain excellent education in our local schools and retain high-quality teachers in our classrooms.
Vote YES on Measure K
- Protect core academic programs in math, science and technology
- Maintain a well-rounded curriculum, including art and music programs
- Attract and retain qualified teachers
- Protect reading and writing instruction
- Keep school libraries open
Fiscal Accountability Is Built into Measure K
- All funds stay in local schools and cannot be taken away by the State
- No money can be spent on administrators’ salaries
- Independent citizens’ oversight will ensure funds are spent as promised
- Measure K expires in five years and can’t be renewed without voter approval
- Senior citizen homeowners can receive an exemption
To learn specifics about Measure K go to our FAQ page.
Friends of Belmont-Redwood Shores Schools 2018 is a grassroots effort and endorsements, volunteer efforts and donations by parents and community members like you are critical to garnering the support needed to pass Measure K and protect quality education in Belmont and Redwood Shores elementary and middle schools.
Your help is essential to passing measure K for local students.
We need donations, volunteers, and endorsements for passing Measure K for our kids.
How To Vote
YES on K for Belmont-Redwood Shores Kids
Measure K will appear on the June 5 ballot. This is an all-mail ballot election, so whether or not you normally vote at the polls, all registered voters living in Belmont-Redwood Shores School District will be mailed a ballot the week of May 7. Check your voter registration status by going here: https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov. You need to register by May 21 in order to be eligible to vote Yes on Measure K. You can register to vote by visiting www.RegisterToVote.ca.gov.
- Once you receive your ballot in the mail, vote YES on Measure K, seal and sign your envelope, and mail it back right away. No postage is required.
- You can drop off your YES on Measure K ballot at any Ballot Drop-Off Box in San Mateo County. Voters will find Ballot Drop-off Boxes throughout San Mateo County beginning May 8. Find a Ballot Drop-off Box near you at www.SMCACRE.org.
- You can vote in-person at a Vote Center. Vote Centers will be open throughout San Mateo County beginning May 8 and as we get closer to Election Day, more Vote Centers will open. Vote Centers will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, June 5. Find a Vote Center location near you at www.SMCACRE.org.
Friends of Belmont-Redwood Shores Schools 2018 is a grassroots effort of parents and community members coming together to pass Measure K for Belmont-Redwood Shores kids!
Meet the Campaign Committee Chairs
Co-Chairs: Sapna Dixit, April Northrup
Treasurer: Firoz Kanchwala
Fundraising: Matt Brady
Endorsements: Rahila Passi
Precinct Walk: Huan Phan
Voter Circle: Ying Gonikman
Yard Sign: William Lai, Sijen Olthof
Website / Social Media: Sid Tao, Gerald Troung
Union Representative: David Pickett
Phone Bank: Open
Data Entry: Open
School Site Leads:
- Central: Liliana Williams
- Cipriani: Matt and Michelle Kerby
- Fox: Colleen Greshock
- Nesbit: Jim Howard
- Ralston: Robert Plafoni
- Redwood Shores: Brent and Juliette Russell
- Sandpiper: Open
- Carlmont High School: Ayan Dixit
Friends of Belmont-Redwood Shores Schools 2018
P.O. Box 218
Belmont, CA 94002
Do you have any questions or feedback? Fill out the form or email us directly.
(April Northrup, Sapna Dixit)
(April Northrup, Sapna Dixit)